Wednesday 30 March 2011

Spikey`s back!


Last year we had a hedgehog regularly coming to our garden which we called `Spikey` (I know this is highly unoriginal). I have been putting out mealworms in the hope that he would come back after hibernation and so far I have only seen the signs of a visiting hedgehog. That was until last night when I looked out of the kitchen window and saw `Spikey` sitting in the middle of the lawn munching away on dried mealworms, sultanas and suet. He was with a friend who was a bit camera shy, so I only managed a quick shot of the one hog.

Hopefully he will keep coming back and bring his friends with him and help keep my garden slug and snail free.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely to see Spikey. Let's hope they are a couple and that you end up with some Spikelets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    Yes, I was pleased to see him too. The two seemed to be quite `friendly`, sniffing eachother etc, so hopefully they are a couple and will have Spikelets! ;)
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most welcome garden visitors John. Let's hope they keep returning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Keith,
    Yes, I haven`t seen many slugs or snails in my garden for a long time. The hogs were back again last night, so the future looks good!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! We don't have these adorable critters in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diamond VVV1,
    Yes, they are lovely little animals and they are the gardeners friend too the way they munch their way through slugs and snails!
    Thanks for the visit and the comment, perhaps I will see you again!
    J

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my humble blog.