Friday, 24 May 2013

Here we go again!

I can't believe that this is happening again. A year ago there were talks of 'controlling' Buzzards, a wild indigenous bird, in favour of Pheasants, an introduced non-native bird. This was thankfully curtailed. Now, Natural England have granted a licence to destroy Buzzards, their nests, eggs and chicks on a shooting estate in Britain, read this and weep!


The great British public need to rise up again and show the few what the many feel. Below is a link to a petition to stop this atrocity from happening. Please sign.



We live in a country where 0.5% of the population own 99.5% of the land and that 0.5% don't care about what the other 99.5% think or feel. Show these few what the many feel.

An interesting posting on Alan Tilmouth's blog here is definitely worth a read.

14 comments:

  1. John, I found this disgusting when I heard about it yesterday.
    It seems the shooting estates can do no wrong in the eyes of the government though. Richard Benyon MP, the appointed Minister for the Natural Environment and Fisheries, also has an interest in shooting on his estate. Says it all really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree with you Keith! It makes me weep every time I hear something like this, we will not be happy until we wipe out all of nature!
      J

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this post. I do hope others with sign. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John..How asinine can they be, but for pleasure of mankind unfortunately nature seems to be the first to suffer!!
    If I was able I would be signing, wrong country,but I feel as you do!!
    Hope this goes well!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace,
      That is one word for it! Nature is always the first to suffer as we are so arrogant to assume that we have a right to control everything on this planet!
      J

      Delete
  4. Hi John,

    My good friend, firstly, my humble apologies for such a lengthy time since I commented on your thoughtful site. It's been a hectic time.

    I'm outraged by what you have posted and you bet, I will sign and take the liberty of sharing your posting. Shall do it now.

    A peaceful long weekend to you, John.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gary,
      No need to apologise, I know what you have been going through.
      Many thanks for your signing, sharing and linking, I hope it will help in some way.
      No long weekend for me, work is slightly hectic, to say the least! Which is a good thing, honest! ;)
      J

      Delete
  5. An appalling situation John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A situation that I cannot believe to be witnessing Roy.
      J

      Delete
  6. Everybody should read it and then tell the government. Badgers, Foxes, Buzzards and Lesser Black-black Gulls are being forced into decline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said to Keith in my reply above, we will not be happy until we tarmac over everything and reduce animals to things we look at in a zoo or books! It makes me so angry, sad and depressed.
      J

      Delete
  7. It's the oiks still living in the 19C that need to be culled.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my humble blog.