Wednesday 24 February 2016

Dartford Warbler at Coates in Cambridgeshire


I finally managed to catch up with this lingering young male Dartford Warbler the other day. A very rare bird in this part of the Cambridgeshire Fens, only the fifth record in Cambridgeshire itself and I think it is only the second record in the PBC area ever! A typical 'skulky' individual that I picked up associating with a male Stonechat in a scrubby field in the village of Coates that it has been seen in since last Thursday. An extremely good addition to my PBC year list and my 220th species seen in the area.





6 comments:

  1. A nice addition to your list John and some great shots as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy! A bird that I didn't think that I would ever see in the area.
      J

      Delete
  2. Looks a lovely bird, and a lovely crisp bright day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is indeed Simon and it was a bit nippy!
      J

      Delete
  3. Superb captures,well done.
    John.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my humble blog.