Sunday 15 May 2016

Wryneck at Frampton Marsh RSPB, Lincolnshire



A bird that I have chased for a number of years and never getting to see is the Wryneck. A true 'bogey' of mine, a species that I have missed so many times that I really thought that I would never see it. Last year, for example I chased three different birds, missing one by a matter of minutes when a confiding bird at Frampton was scared off by a dog and never seen again. Finally, this week, with the help of my friend Chris Orders, I have 'picked' that 'bogey' and boy did it feel good!

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful bird to see John. well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well captured John.
    Chasing birds? Tut! tut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy! I know, terrible of me!
      J

      Delete
  3. I'm happy that you have picked that bogie! I think small brownish birds are the hardest to identify.
    CLICK HERE for Bazza’s fabulous Blog ‘To Discover Ice’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bazza! LBJ's (Little Brown Jobs) are tricky, but when you get your eye in you get to know what to look for in order to make the I.d.
      J

      Delete
  4. Well done, John! It's always pleasing when you can check another bird off the list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! This is one bird that I really thought I would never see!
      J

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my humble blog.