Saturday 29 August 2015

Red-footed Falcon at Willow Tree Fen LWT, part 2





As of writing, the Red-footed Falcon is still present at Willow Tree Fen nature reserve in Lincolnshire. The other morning I paid yet another visit, ostensibly to see if I could get some more photos of it and this time the sun was shining.

A remarkable bird, that after a bit of careful field-craft sat within 15 feet of me and only took to the sky when a cow got too close! I may return yet more as I still would like a photo of the bird doing something other than sitting on a post.

10 comments:

  1. John What a lovely bird of prey and these are great shots of it. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost like a cage bird in colouring! Lovely shots

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Falcon looks like it's covered in fluff rather than feathers! Stunning close-up pose in the first picture though.
    CLICK HERE for Bazza’s fabulous Blog ‘To Discover Ice’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bazza! That's probably the blurriness of the photos!
      J

      Delete
  4. I wonder if this is the same bird I saw in Staffordshire in late July?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David! This was indeed the same bird, identified by its' moult pattern and also markings on some of the flight feathers.
      J

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my humble blog.