Saturday 13 August 2011

Another Chat


Well, the same one as my previous post actually, just a closer shot!

Just lately I have had a bit of luck at Maxey GP. I found this Whinchat on Wednesday and it was still present Thursday and Friday, then I found an Avocet, then today there was a Wood Sandpiper in the morning and then 3 Ruff dropped in. Unfortunately these birds were too far away for any kind of photo, although Mike Weedon managed to get a shot of a Wood Sand this afternoon when there were 2 of these birds present.Link

6 comments:

  1. A beautiful bird to see... a lovely image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrew,
    They are lovley little birds, this one has now moved on to pastures new!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty little bird. I reckon if I saw one I would mistake it for a sparrow. I'm just not observant enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    They are quite distinctive when you see one `in the flesh` so to speak. They are a lovely little bird, the male in summer plumage is a stunner! You wouldn`t mistake him for a sparrow.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to come back from vacation and land on your site with a whole host of great bird (and butterfly) photos to savor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan,
    My thanks! Hope you enjoyed your holiday!
    J

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my humble blog.